Last year, the 2019 Aggieland Showcase and Aggieland Showdown were hosted over a 2-day weekend and was a huge success! We are proud to announce that we are keeping this weekend tradition, but we are now combining the two meets into a tournament!
The 2020 Aggieland Showdown Tournament hosted by the Texas A&M Powerlifitng Team will have a sanctioned THSPA/THSWPA meet as well as a sanctioned USAPL meet. High school lifters now have the option to compete against USAPL members in their appropriate age division in the hopes to win cash prizes! These meets will be held on separate days the weekend of February 22nd-23rd, so mark your calendars accordingly!
Saturday, February 22nd will be designated for high school lifters ONLY. This will be a sanctioned THSPA/THSWPA meet. The following apply:
Registration for Day 1 – THSPA/THSWPA meet is now closed.
- Can be used as a regional qualifier.
- University powerlifting teams will be present in booths for student lifters to interact with.
- The entry fee for each individual will be $40. Optional meal tickets will be $5 per individual (including coaches). There will also be a running concession stand.
- If you have a team greater than 14 lifters, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as we may offer discounts.
- There will be an optional early check-in for lifters and coaches on Friday, February 21st from 6-8 pm. There will be NO early weigh-ins.
- High school students have the option of competing in the USAPL sanctioned meet IF they have a USAPL membership, all additional entry fees paid, and a parent/guardian or coach signature if under 18.
- Schedule of Events
Sunday, February 23rd will be designated for USAPL competitors. This is not a THSPA/THSWPA sanctioned meet. The following apply:
- The entry fee for each individual will be $75. Each additional age division lifters wish to compete in will be $25.
- Lifters must have a valid, up-to-date USAPL membership and must have their USAPL card on hand during check-ins and equipment check.
- Early check-in and equipment check will be on February 22nd at 6-8 pm.
- High school students have the option in competing in the USAPL meet if they have a USAPL membership, all additional entry fees paid, and a parent/guardian or coaches signature if under 18.
- This competition id NOT a sanctioned THSPA/THSWPA meet and therefore CANNOT be used as a regioal qualifying meet.
- Schedule of events
The meets will be held at the Physical Education Activity Building (PEAP). Parking is available across the street in lot 100C. Bus routes Howdy 08, Hullabaloo 35, and Century Tree 40 have two bus stops in front of PEAP and will be running from 8 am-6 pm, and can be found here.
Address: Texas A&M University, Physical Education Activity Program Building 4245, 632 Penberthy Blvd, College Station, TX 77843